Job Seeker Services
JobGateway℠ Website Tips
- PA CareerLink®
- Part of the Commonwealth Workforce Development System (CWDS), this online tool of PA CareerLink® provides one-stop access to services for employers, job seekers and organizations that provide training, placement assistance, disability services and other resources.
- Part of the PA CareerLink® online system, this site provides a comprehensive search of job postings.
- Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission
- Apply for state and local government jobs, schedule/reschedule exams, view exam scores
- Bureau of State Employment
- Non-civil service state employment opportunities
- CWIA Job Spidering
- The Center for Workforce Information & Analysis (CWIA) has a feature that allows "job spidering" technology to grab job postings from any site and list them to a common board. Use it to find a job or analyze trends.
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PENNDOT)
- General employment information for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Work & Play in Northeast PA
- Information on career opportunities and the quality life experience that can be enjoyed in Northeast PA
- Official job site of the U.S. Federal Government offering information on
thousands of U.S. government job opportunities worldwide
- National labor exchange site, search job openings in the United States
- Pennsylvania Career Coach
- A first-of-its-kind, statewide, free online tool designed to help Pennsylvania students and job seekers make lasting career choices.
- Careers in Demand
- Find what High Priority Occupations are likely to be available where you live
- Center for Workforce Information and Analysis
- Pennsylvania work statistics, labor market information
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- U.S. Department of Labor statistics, labor market information
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Career Information
- O*NET OnLine
- Learn about occupations, job descriptions, etc.
- mySkills myFuture
- Federal Department of Labor website designed to help those with previous work experience match their existing skills to new occupations. mySkills myFuture asks users to tell the system about their current job, and the system will provide them with suggestions for other ways to use their skills.
- My Next Move
- Federal Department of Labor website designed to help users determine the right career for them, and to help them find a job that they will enjoy. It may be especially useful for students, young adults and other first-time workers as they explore potential careers based on their interests.
- Microsoft Office Online Training
- No cost self-paced training courses for Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Baycon Group Online Tutorials
- No cost online tutorials on various computer related topics.
- Typing Web - Learn to Type
- No cost online typing tutor & keyboarding tutorial for typists of all skill levels.
- Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
- Consumer tips for saving energy and programs that are available to help low-income customers.
- Here To Help
- An online resource that makes it easier for citizens to find the resources they need through existing government programs
to help make ends meet during the economic crisis. Pennsylvania's Here to Help Web site puts many beneficial programs under one umbrella, making it easier for
families to locate resources.
- Maps and driving directions
- Online telephone directory
Links to Local Newspapers:
The Times News
The Morning Call
Hazleton Standard Speaker
The Pocono Record
Return to top of page