Job Seeker Services
PA CareerLink® Website Tips
- PA CareerLink®
- The PA CareerLink® online system. Job seekers can create and upload a resume, search for jobs, and make themselves available to thousands of employers - all for free. Employers can search the talent pool using the PA CareerLink® website. Simply create a job posting and connect with candidates for free.
- PA Government Employment
- Apply for state and local government jobs, schedule/reschedule exams, view exam scores
- CWIA Job Spidering
- The Center for Workforce Information & Analysis (CWIA) has a feature that allows "job spidering" technology to grab job postings from any site and list them to a common board. Use it to find a job or analyze trends. Click on "Real Timie Labor Market Information" at the bottom of the page.
- Official job site of the U.S. Federal Government offering information on
thousands of U.S. government job opportunities worldwide
- National Labor Exchange site, search job openings in the United States
- Pennsylvania In-Demand Occupation List (PA IDOL)
- What occupations are growing? What occupations have the most openings? What occupations may you want to consider as a job or as a career? Start planning for your first or new career today!
- Center for Workforce Information and Analysis
- Pennsylvania work statistics, labor market information
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- U.S. Department of Labor statistics, labor market information
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Career Information
- Unemployment Compensation
- Information on filing an Unemployment Compensation claim and more.
- O*NET OnLine
- Learn about occupations, job descriptions, etc.
- O*NET Interest Profiler
- The O*NET Interest Profiler can help you find out what your interests are and how they relate to the world of work. It helps you decide what kinds of careers you might want to explore.
- mySkills myFuture
- U.S. Department of Labor website designed to help those with previous work experience match their existing skills to new occupations. mySkills myFuture asks users to tell the system about their current job, and the system will provide them with suggestions for other ways to use their skills.
- U.S. Department of Labor website focused on young adults (age 16 to 24). Explore careers, learn about and locate training or education programs, conduct a successful job search. The goal is to help young adults overcome barriers and plan and achieve a path to career success.
- My Next Move
- U.S. Department of Labor website designed to help users determine the right career for them, and to help them find a job that they will enjoy. It may be especially useful for students, young adults and other first-time workers as they explore potential careers based on their interests.
- My Next Move for Veterans
- You've served your country, now you're ready for a new challenge. U.S. Department of Labor website designed to help Veterans learn about career options. Search careers, industries, or translate your military job to civilian careers.
- Microsoft Office Online Training
- No cost self-paced training courses for Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Free Online Learning at GCFLearnFree
- No cost online tutorials on a wide range of topics - Microsoft Office, Reading, Math, Technology, Resume Writing, Cover Letters, Interviewing and more.
- Typing.com - Learn to Type
- No cost online typing tutor & keyboarding tutorial for typists of all skill levels.
- Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
- Consumer tips for saving energy and programs that are available to help low-income customers.
- Health Insurance Marketplace
- If you are ready to learn about and buy health insurance through the Marketplace, visit the official Marketplace Web site for individuals and small businesses.
- Maps and driving directions
- Online telephone directory
Links to Local Newspapers:
The Times News
The Morning Call
Hazleton Standard Speaker
The Pocono Record
Return to top of page
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities